History

History

Partex first started over 60 years ago under the name Electro-Lööf in an old organ factory. Tore Lööf, the founder of Electro-Lööf, worked at a power station where he came up with many inventions to make his daily work easier.

These included electrical terminal blocks specific for Swedish needs and a cable tie system he called El-Bindex.

It was, however, his third invention that really paved the way for the company’s future; the marker sleeve.

FROM THEN TO NOW

1948
Partex is founded under the name Electro-Lööf

1951
The first marker sleeve (PX) is launched

1956
The PA-marker is launched

1962
The first customized system is announced

1973
Elektro-Lööf changes name to Partex

1991
Subsidiary in the UK is acquired

1993
Subsidiary in Germany is founded

1999
Subsidiary in Poland is founded
Subsidiary in France is acquired

2001
Subsidiary in USA is founded

2003
TorBjörn Lööf acquires 100% of Partex

2008
Partex celebrates 60 year
Sophie Lööf becomes part owner

2011
Martin Lundstedt, Scania, is appointed Charman of the Bard

2012
Subsidiary in India is founded